Penjor there are two types:
1. Penjor Ceremony
2. Penjor garnish
Penjor ceremonies that have specific functions in religious ceremonies, and must be complete with amenities. Make a connection with the execution ceremony penjor require certain conditions in the home does not make any sense, but should be in accordance with the provisions penjor Religious Literature, so it is not impressive decoration. Penjor real elements are the sacred symbols, teachings of the Vedas as the foundation, so it reflects the ethical values of religion.
Elements in the penjor symbols as follows:
- Found on a white cloth as a symbol of strength penjor Hyang Iswara.
- Bamboo as a symbol of strength Hyang and Brahma.
- Coconut as a symbol of strength Hyang Rudra.
- As a symbol of strength Hyang Janur Mahadeva.
- Herbs (plawa) as a symbol of strength Hyang Sangkara.
- Pala nugget, head hanging as a symbol of strength Hyang Vishnu.
- Sugar cane as a symbol of strength Hyang Sambu.
- Sanggah Ardha Candra Hyang Shiva as a symbol of strength.
- Offerings as a symbol of strength Hyang Sada Shiva and Parama Shiva.
While penjor decoration is usually used when a party, the race village, art parties, etc.. Penjor ornaments can be made sober and not tied to the teachings of the Vedas.
Hindus in Bali at the time of Galungan generally make penjor. Penjor Galungan plugged on Tuesday / Anggara wara / wuku Dungulan known as Galungan Penampahan day, which means the establishment of dharma. Penjor mounted right in front of the entrance of the house. If the house faces north penjor then plugged in the east entrance.
Penjor fitting ends are as swadharma Hindus to realize a sense of devotion and thanked presented to Ida Sang Hyang Widi Wasa. Penjor as well as gratitude for the prosperity of the man who bestowed Ida Sang Hyang Widi Wasa.
Penjor Galungan is relegius penjor nature, which has a specific function in religious ceremonies, and must be complete with amenities.